Saturday, April 22, 2006

baby showers and car washes

Know what they call a car wash here? It's called a "car wash". They have baby showers too. They call them "Baby Showers". Of course they're pronounced a little different, but goodness, what's going on here?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

how do they say, "gringo loco"? wait, i mean, "crazy white dude".
jdo

Anonymous said...

I think I got a text from you the other day...you like peeps dont you? Oh, and you're a dork.
~kate

Anonymous said...

Do you know how to tell when you've found yourself in MS? The bugs are bigger than your feet... the snakes are longer than you are tall and if they bite you they can kill you... and your new friend met her boyfriend shining alligators. Who knew that was a good way to meet people.... CRAZY!

Anonymous said...

What is MS and who is polishing alligators?

Hey...clean babies and clean cars have universal appeal. Too bad they don't have baby washes at the gas station.

--Sara

Anonymous said...

Hola dear friend... This is your older brother's fiancee's little brother; the great famous and best man called James T. McInerney. I am excited to see/meet you and all ya'll.

P.S. I'm not actually commenting on your blog, this is just how your brother suggested I make contact.

P.P.S Hola was not meant to be a clever, not so successful attempt at speaking the Guatamalian language. Especially since I was speaking Spanese.

Anonymous said...

James! This is your older sister's fiancee's older sister.

Did you know that the older brother's fiancee's little brother is called an "uncle's monkey" in American?

You're awesome.

Oh....Hi Jake. Hope your chickens are doing well.

--Sara

Jake said...

alright, so those comments were...golden i guess. not to mention that they made my head hurt. it's saturday, i'm trying to relax here. help me out. nice to meet you james. i'll see you in no time at all which is actually 4 months.