Sunday, September 25, 2005
the race, that wasn't a race, that i won
the other night my family had beans and rice and tortillas for supper (the staple of the guatemalan diet). I finished mine first because i like them and i'm awesome. i looked at one of my host brothers and said "hey, you're still eating, i'm done." then i pointed at myself and said "gringo!" they laughed, and i was happy that i could pick on him in spanish and they could understand and laugh.
4 comments:
won an eating race, eh fatty? i'm not surprised. just remember who will always be able to pack it down faster... me, i can. who's the fatty now?
how old is your brother anyway, 4? good job beating a 4 year old. he probably doesn't even know how to hold his fork right yet. but hey, good job. kick him while he's down.
jdo
Can you say, "Donde estan los frijoles?" Hope the spelling is correct! That's the first thing I learned to say in Spanish when I came to SB. My "other" mom used to just crack up laughing when I'd come in the door after work and say that! But I luv those beans and tortillas!
With you, everything is a competition isn't it?
:)
Post a Comment