Sunday, September 11, 2005

pictures

Here are some photos from a very large hill behind my town. there is a pretty good view.
my town

this is a field of avocadoes (sp?), campo de aguacates en espaƱol anyways. they are everywhere, the nickname for people in antigua is ¨green bellys¨ because there are so many aguacates.


TWO volcanoes. they are near antigua, where you can see 3 volcanoes.


Other views from up there


6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Berne said...

Looks beautiful down there.

I think avocado follows the potato rule, no e in the plural...unless you're Dan Quayle.

Julie said...

I think you should rename your blog "Food Security Facilitator"

I'm so glad that you put a blog up about your peace corps experience. I'm having second thoughts about leaving the country for two years, so I will be scrutinizing your experience vigorously:)

Good luck with all of your work and studies!

- Albrecht

Anonymous said...

Hi Jake! I'm glad you're studying so hard! How far are you from Antigua? Did you go there by bus? I rode a chicken bus a couple of times when I was in Antigua, but only a few minutes out of town...Greetings from Minneapolis!

Christina

Anonymous said...

Hey Jake,
Your folks just filled me in on this blog thing! This is great! This is such a great opportunity for you so make the most of it. Love to read all about what you're doing and to see your pictures. I'll ask Nick to write a note to you in Spanish! Take care and stay cool! Love ya

Jake said...

hey thanks for the comments y'all. berne, i'm glad you are there for me on the spelling. christina, we do take the chicken buses to antigua, super super fun rides.