Friday, August 18, 2006

at home

got to msp on what would be tecnically thursday morning at 12:30 am. i touched american concrete in atlanta. got to dalton to yesterday. i brought machetes as presents for my dad and brother, clearly not in my carry-on. i took my boots and belt off quite a few times throughout the trip. funniest part of the trip was in atlanta when there was a siren that started out and a voice on the intercom saying "there is an emergency in the building". what was funny was the reaction of all these americans in post 9-11 airports. EVERYONE STARTED LAUGHING. i don't get it. in conclusion, i've eaten entirely too much candy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jake! Glad to hear you are home for a few days? I don't know if you missed MN as much as I did when you were away, but I would like to welcome you back. Hehe... even though I have not been back too long myself. But... I will proudly say I have had so much fun since returning. I am very exhausted however from all of my outdoor escapades and a little sore (my muscles are obviously not used to these MN activities anymore) but it's been fun. Anyway, maybe I'll get to see you... maybe not... either way welcome home and I hope you have oodles of fun before leaving!!!
-Lex

Anonymous said...

Jake,

I have your Dots in my car. You can have them back if you goose Josh on his way up the aisle.

Ha!

--Sara

Anonymous said...

Jake, if you came home to MN and didnt make it to Bemidji, I will be very upset. Seriously, no more pen-pals.
~kate