Sunday, August 14, 2005

14 days and counting

So, I leave in about 2 weeks for Guatemala to serve as a Peace Corps Volunteer. I'm going to work in their sustainable agriculture program. I'll be doing some hardcore studying the next two weeks. I'm planning to go to the library this week and learn some spanish. i'm behind everyone else i think, they let me in without meeting the minimum requirements, which means i will have to work double, possibly triple hard at my spanish in training (we have training for the first 3 months). I'm hoping to get to bemidji this week, going up on thursday I reckon to see the bemidji folks one last time before departure. then, spend the weekend with friends back in Dalton/Ashby. I also need to get down to the cities to see some people there prior to departure. And, i have to concentrate on getting packed, making sure i have all i need, and that i can fit it in the bags that i'm allowed to bring along with savoring the comforts of the life i currently have (which means watching movies, eating like an idiot, and enjoying a hot shower).

No comments: