Tuesday, September 02, 2008

update

-upon understanding that I could not bring a big bag of snow back from MN, it was decided that a big bag of candy would be just as good

-teaching new trainees to be volunteers. we already planted gardens, made compost piles, have got some worms going, have cut a load of tires, and taught a bunch of kids to cut tires. they're under my guidance. shudder.

-here's how I feel...like i'm a single father, and the child i'm raising is me. I have to make all of jake's meals, I wash his dishes and clothes, i get his bath ready in the morning, i make him cookies, i take care of him when he's sick...and not one thank you.

5 comments:

Julie said...

i thank you.
will you ask jake if he can come and play?
and then put him on a plane to nyc?

Anonymous said...

do you spank?
jdo

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you have taken over, I was getting tired and didn't seem to see much improvement anyway! I'm still laughing, can't wait to see you. SBO

Jake said...

we'll see if he can make it to the n.y.c. he may need another paper route to pay for the ticket, but we'll work something out

for the most part, jake behaves himself, so there is not too much. sometimes, he doesn't want to brush his teeth at night, but we have a system of rewards that generally functions.

I wouldn't say that there is necessarily any "improvement", we're focusing on "maintenance"

Julie said...

kyri is here - 2 for the price of 1!!
we're going to see mary poppins this weekend :)